Please Carefully Review the Following Information Before Scheduling
The purpose of your initial conference is for Mr. Lowenthal to advise you, the client, what if anything, may be done for you, and what the minimum fee therefor will be. The purpose is not to render a definitive legal opinion, as it may be impossible to fully assess your matter within the time frame allotted for this conference or with the limited information or documents that you may be able to provide at the initial conference.
One of three outcomes is possible following your consultation:
- You and Mr. Lowenthal mutually agree to the terms of representation;
- Mr. Lowenthal declines representation; or
- You decide not to use our services.
If, at the end of your conference, you wish to hire us as legal counsel, and Mr. Lowenthal agrees to represent you, we will send you an engagement agreement called an “Attorney-Client Fee Agreement” for you to review. The Agreement will set forth the terms and conditions of our representation, and must be signed and returned to us before we will begin representing you. If Mr. Lowenthal is willing to represent you, but you are unable to immediately return a signed copy of the engagement agreement to our office, we strongly urge you to schedule a second conference with Mr. Lowenthal at the earliest possible time or to immediately consult with other legal counsel to protect your rights.
If you decide not to hire us to represent you, or if Mr. Lowenthal does not agree to represent you, this includes not representing you with respect to the matter you describe in/on the following Client Intake Form, as well as all other matters you may discuss with Mr. Lowenthal before or during your conference. If your legal matter(s) involve a potential lawsuit, it is important that you realize a lawsuit must be filed within a certain period of time to avoid a forfeiture of rights. Unless you meet the terms of our engagement, we will not provide you with continuing service or information with respect to statutes of limitation or any other time-sensitive matter. Therefore, we strongly urge you to immediately consult another attorney to protect your rights. Should Mr. Lowenthal elect not to represent you, his decision should not be taken by you as an expression of opinion regarding the merits of your case.
Please note the following prior to scheduling:
- There may be a fee for your initial consultation. Please contact us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment to discuss and arrange payment, if applicable.
- A Client Intake Form must be completed at or before the time of your consultation.
- Out of courtesy to our staff and each of our clients, if you are over 10 minutes late to your consultation, you may be asked to reschedule. If Mr. Lowenthal is able to adjust his schedule to accommodate you on the same day, you may be asked to wait until a later time.
Your submission below acknowledges only that you have read and agree to the foregoing terms and conditions of this initial conference, and does not mean you have hired Mr. Lowenthal for any matter other than this conference.
Access your Client Intake Form here: