We are committed to providing an unparalleled client experience based on our paradigm of efficiency, predictability, and cost-effectiveness. While its nearly impossible to guarantee the outcome of a particular matter, there are several commitments we, as your attorney, can guarantee with respect to the service you are provided:
We will strive to help you achieve your objectives with a minimum expenditure of time and effort.
- Time will be taken at the outset of your matter to (help you) determine what you really want to accomplish.
- Although your work will always be supervised by your attorney, your attorney will NOT perform tasks associated with your matter when those tasks are capable of being performed by available paralegal staff who bill at lower rates.
- We will ALWAYS try to help you avoid the time and expense of litigation by conducting informal negotiation or engaging in alternative dispute resolution, if reasonable.
We will strive to let you know in advance what to expect, with no surprises.
- Although estimates are not always accurate, we will discuss cost with you in advance; we will NOT send you a surprise bill.
- We will ALWAYS help you run a cost-benefit analysis of the various courses of action that may be available to you, even if that means terminating our engagement and/or referring you to another firm.
- We will NOT send you vague or ambiguous bills. Every invoice will be detailed, clear and easy- to-read. Every line item billing entry will be described and will include an unsolicited value adjustment when appropriate. The invoice will show you an up-to-date account of your trust balance and any sum that is then due and payable.
We will strive to help you achieve favorable results in relation to the cost.
- We will NOT “churn” fees by working unwarranted hours. As often as possible, we will bill in real-time, which means that the timer starts when we begin a task and ends when we complete that task or have the need to interrupt it.
- We will NOT pass through routine overhead charges. Unlike most firms, we do not charge our customers for typical long-distance telephone calls, internal copying charges, local travel, standard U.S. postage, or the significant fees associated with our use of cutting-edge research databases. We do not even charge for in-house notary services. We include those costs as part of our overhead—not an opportunity to profit from “mark- ups,” or a way to pass overhead inefficiencies through to our clients.
- If you need a payment plan, we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate you.